Monday, April 20, 2009

New Edition of Ashamed of the Gospel Coming

Word comes today that Crossway is publishing a new edition of John MacArthur's Ashamed of the Gospel (buy the original here or here). God used this book to literally change my life and ministry. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I'm really excited about the second edition and the new material in it. This book is must reading for everyone in pastoral ministry and church leadership. Here is a link to the new edition so you can add it to your wishlist.

2 comments:

GW said...

Hey Noah hope things are going great in Longview! I am curious, what about the book was so life changing? I haven't read it yet and am wondering.

Midwest Razorback said...

Hey GW my brother. Hope you, Jen and the boys and +1 are doing great.

The book made me decide if I was going to focus on the Gospel exclusively in my ministry, or if I would depend on other things. It made me realize that if the Gospel really is THE power of God unto salvation, then to be ashamed of it by neglecting it in any way would be to abandon Christ and my calling as His ambassador.

Basically, the book was written originally as a critique of "seeker-sensitive" and pragmatic (do whatever it takes to get folks here) approaches to ministry.