Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Month of Thanksgiving: 30 Scriptures

I intended to post a Scripture every day this month. I even have a Scripture selected for each day. But events and negligence ruined that. So instead, I'm going to post all thirty for your thoughtful reflection.

  1. Psalm 69:30 (ESV) I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

  2. 1 Chron. 16:34 (ESV) Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!

  3. Psalm 30:4 (ESV) Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.

  4. 2 Cor. 9:15 (ESV) Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!

  5. 1 Thes. 5:18 (ESV) give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

  6. Romans 6:17 (ESV) But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed,

  7. 2 Cor. 2:14 (ESV) But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.

  8. Ephes. 5:4 (ESV) Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

  9. Col. 4:2 (ESV) Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

  10. Psalm 56:12 (ESV) I must perform my vows to you, O God; I will render thank offerings to you.

  11. 1 Chron. 29:13 (ESV) And now we thank you, our God, and praise your glorious name.

  12. Psalm 92:1 (ESV) It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High;

  13. 1 Cor. 1:4 (ESV) I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus,

  14. Col. 3:17 (ESV) And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

  15. Psalm 107:15 (ESV) Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men!

  16. Hebrews 12:28 (ESV) Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,

  17. Jonah 2:9 (ESV) But I with the voice of thanksgiving will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay. Salvation belongs to the Lord!"

  18. Philip. 4:6 (ESV) Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

  19. Psalm 140:13 (ESV) Surely the righteous shall give thanks to your name; the upright shall dwell in your presence.

  20. Isaiah 12:1 (ESV) You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.”

  21. Psalm 9:1 (ESV) I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.

  22. Psalm 35:18 (ESV) I will thank you in the great congregation; in the mighty throng I will praise you.

  23. Psalm 86:12 (ESV) I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.

  24. Psalm 97:12 (ESV) Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name!

  25. Psalm 100:4 (ESV) Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

  26. Psalm 118:1 (ESV) Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!

  27. Psalm 75:1 (ESV) We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near. We recount your wondrous deeds.

  28. Psalm 118:28 (ESV) You are my God, and I will give thanks to you; you are my God; I will extol you.

  29. Psalm 145:10 (ESV) All your works shall give thanks to you, O Lord, and all your saints shall bless you!

  30. 1 Cor. 15:57 (ESV) But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this! I send out a daily scripture and I wanted to do a month of Thanksgiving scriptures.

Cathy from Alaska

Midwest Razorback said...

You are welcome. God bless and happy thanksgiving

Unknown said...

thanx for the scriptures they have helped me so much because iwas born on 20 november and would read on daily basis