Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Prayer for the New Year


For New Year's Day

At the dawn of this new year, precious Savior and divine Lord, I desire to begin today in your name. Therefore I ask You to take full possession of my life, hold me by the hand and lead me from day to day, protecting me from all dangers of body and soul. Shield me from the temptations of sin and remove every doubtful thought from my mind. Let not worries and fears of the future rob me of that peace of mind which is mine through Your sacrifice on Calvary. Order my footsteps in the paths of righteousness and keep me in Your grace.

Abide with Your children where ever they are, and help them through their trials and troubles. Forgive us, one and all, our many sins of the past through Your cleansing and precious blood. Grant me and all that love You the strength to live victoriously every day.

Give to your church, eternal Savior, continued growth, and prosper the work of our hands as wee seek to win souls for You. Bring this saving Gospel to many more. Preserve peace among the nations that Your message of reconciliation may not be hindered in its progress as missionaries go from place to place. Let me live in peace with all people, avoiding discord, strife, and hatred. Give me an unwavering faith in You as my Savior and King. Make this year another year of grace to me and to many, for Your name's sake. Amen.

From My Prayer Book

No comments: