Saturday, January 1, 2011

10 Questions for a New Year (and my answers)

Don Whitney has for quite some time been a helper and coach (through his books and web site) in my quest for Godliness. He offers 10 questions to begin the New Year. His questions are in bold and my answers are in italics.

1. What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
Read the Bible daily with the purpose of hearing from God and not merely to accomplish a reading goal or writing a sermon or lesson.

2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
Give our church 5 young families.

3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
Take time and energy to build my relationship with Sarah... to serve her more this year.

4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
Family worship... Be more consistent with it.

5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
Surfing the net and chasing down links to time wasters... I am going to stop.

6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
By doing more personal evangelism.

7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
Abigail

8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
Lose weight and exercise daily... While bodily exercise profits some (1 Timothy 4:8), I think it does make a significant impact on all areas of my life.

9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
Use the Valley of Vision to help guide my prayer life.

10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?

Disciple 3 guys. I'm working with 1... I hope to start discipling 2 more this year.

No comments: