Tuesday, October 5, 2010

MLB Playoffs 2010: My Predictions


So, it should be clear a) I am a Rangers fan and b) I think they are going to win. I know, I know... that's just crazy fan talk, right? Well... maybe. BUT, the Rangers are legitimate. They have a very solid pitching staff and bullpen, great offensive players, and pretty good defense. That's not to say there aren't issues and concerns. Injuries have been a damper for the last month of the season. But it seems like the Rangers are getting back to form and so this October should be a lot of fun.

I'm not a prophet, nor the son of a prophet... and I'm not sure prophets care a lot about baseball. Regardless, here are my predictions (sure to go wrong) for the 2010 playoffs.

ALDS
Rangers over the Rays in 5
Yankees over the Twins in 4

NLDS
Phillies over the Reds in 4
Braves over the Giants in 3

ALCS
Rangers over the Yankees in 6

NLCS
Phillies over the Braves in 5

World Series
Texas Rangers over the Philadelphia Phillies in 6


World Series MVP
Josh Hamilton... with Cliff Lee as a close second

However it all shakes out... Go Rangers! It's time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well here i am signed up as a blogger... i know i enjoyed your wisdom during the time we knew each other so i looked at your blog page! who wouldve thought i would sign in and find RANGERS winning a world series!!!! im gonna keep up on your page if thats ok and see whats going on my friend and hero in the faith

Tim Steinbach