Thursday, January 8, 2009

10 Lessons on my 10th Anniversary

On January 2, 1999, Sarah said "I do" and my life has never been the same. I am so thankful for my wonderful wife. Proverbs 18:22 says "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." The Lord gave me a wonderful woman-- a far better woman than I deserve. I often think that I am blessed and Sarah is being punished!

Though it is a few days late, I wanted to publicly say I love my wife and am thankful for her. I am looking forward to many more years with her.

Here are 10 lessons I have learned over 10 years of marriage.

1. The home is a happier place when Christ is at the center of everyone's life.

2. You can never say "I love you" too much.

3. The nine words you ought to say frequently and mean it from the bottom of your heart: "I am sorry. I was wrong. Please forgive me."

4. Commitment is more important than romance.

5. Commitment is always stronger when romance is present.

6. Loving your wife more than your kids is good for your kids and essential for your wife.

7. Praying together, reading the Bible together, eating dinner together, laughing together, making decisions together, watching TV together, shopping together... basically, just being and doing things together makes everything better.

8. I am happiest when I care more about her happiness than I care about my own happiness.

9. I don't mind sweeping the floors for her and I am really glad she does the dishes.

10. My wife is my best friend which is really cool.

No comments: