Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Misc. 01.13.2009

  • The Rangers management is about to ruin my summer. Listen up Hicks and Daniels... DON'T MESS WITH YOUNG!!!!! He is the heart and soul of the Texas Rangers and he does not deserve to be treated like this.
  • All my hopes for a good NFL playoff season are now resting with the Arizona Cardinals. I hope they win it all and Kurt Warner rides off into the sunset (even though he beat the Titans 10 years ago... I've forgiven him). I'm an AFC South guy, and the Colts sputtered out and the Titans threw it away. Very disappointing. I'm just trilled the Steelers crushed San Deigo. Steelers/Ravens will be some smash-mouth football. Cardinals/Eagles could be some high-flying fun. My picks, Steelers v. Cardinals in the Super Bowl.
  • Speaking of football, the classiest coach since Tom Landry, Tony Dungy of the Indianapolis Colts, announced he is retiring to spend more time with his family and make a difference in the lives of teenage boys. The NFL and every professional sport needs more men like Tony Dungy. You go Tony!
  • Our washing machine is broken. This is the third major appliance in less than a month we've had to have repaired. The joys of home ownership.
  • The new season of 24 is underway and waaaaay better than last season.
  • I'm preaching through the book of James on Sunday Morning, Baptist Beliefs on Sunday Evening, and teaching Warnings and Cautionary Tales from Villains and Scoundrels in the Acts of the Apostles on Wednesday Evening. I'm having a blast! I love preaching and teaching God's Word to God's people.
  • We had 291 in Sunday Morning Services and the Lord added a couple to our church family! Praise God!

1 comment:

Neal Pumphrey said...

Go Cards! I have been waiting for a reason to get my Warner jersey out of the closet since 2000.