Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Praying Ezra 7:10

Ezra 7:10 "For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the Lord, and to do it and to teach his statutes and rules in Israel."

Like Ezra, I want to devote myself to the study of the Word of God.

Father, help me be devoted and disciplined to read, meditate, and study your word that I might know You and Your will.

Like Ezra, I want to devote myself to obeying the word of God.

Father, help me put into practice what I learn from Your Word. Help me to obey You, forgive me when I fail, and encourage me to never give up.

Like Ezra, I want to devote myself to teaching the Word of God to the People of God.

Father, thank you for calling me into ministry. By your grace, help me to preach and teach boldly and correctly. Guard me from all error. Help me to be clear. And help your people to hear, receive and believe the Word.

For Your glory and Your Kingdom, I pray in Jesus' name with the help of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

No comments: