Monday, January 12, 2009

Five Hymns I Love

1. A Mighty Fortress is Our God
Written by Martin Luther, this song stirs me to trust God and be bold for the cause of the Gospel. I could sing this hymn every Sunday and not grow tired of it.

Most powerful line line: "Let goods and kindred go, this mortal life also; The body they may kill: God’s truth abideth still, His kingdom is forever."

2. Great is Thy Faithfulness
Based on Lamentations 3:22-23, this is a faith-building, soul-stirring song.

3. In Christ Alone
This modern hymn is amazing in it's doctrinal depth and ability to move the affections of the singer. It is becoming very popular and has been recorded by several folks. I hope the doctrine expressed in this song takes root.

4. All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name
A call to worship and adore our Lord Jesus Christ.

5.(tie) How Great Thou Art
5. (tie) Holy, Holy, Holy
I remember singing both of these great hymns from the green Broadman Hymnal sitting in Calvary Baptist Church with my grandma and grandpa.

What are your favorite hymns?

No comments: